In the first segment, Jenn and Daren talk about recent situations when the police have been called without good cause and why they are so problematic.
In the second segment, they discuss the disparate responses police officers provide to white people vs. Black people and how unnecessarily bringing the police into situations can often end with Black people dead.
In the third segment, Jenn and Daren discuss their own personal experiences with the police and why they have so little faith in the police force.
Articles for reference:
* Calling the Police on Black People Can Put Them in Danger
* The Massacre at Emanuel AME Church and Our “White Problem”
* Men arrested at Starbucks share what manager said before police arrived
Men arrested at Starbucks share what manager said before police arrived
* Watch: LA Fitness Calls Police On Black Men For Not Breaking The Law
Watch: LA Fitness Calls Police On Black Men For Not Breaking The Law
* Stop Calling the Police on Black People Just Because You’re Annoyed; You’re Gonna Get Someone Killed
* The Waffle House shooting suspect had his guns taken away — twice
* Travis Reinking, Waffle House shooter arrested after five day manhunt ends
Travis Reinking, Waffle House shooter arrested after five day manhunt ends
Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/I7nue367hsfjdjbsyxed2tpeoca?t=That_Black_Couple_Podcast
This is an accidentally funny podcast about the realities of Blackness and adult life. We do “adult” differently. We are That Black Couple.
Our goal is to create a space for Black millennials to discuss and embody adult life on their own terms. We aren’t beholden to “traditional” gender or parenting roles, queerness is fluid and present in the ways we show up in our relationships and in the world, and we want to build community with other 30-something Black folx who are trying to figure this ish out.