In the first segment, Jenn and Daren reflect on the most important things they learned in 2022, including not to overthink things and that you are enough all by yourself.
In the second segment, they discuss the things they will be taking with them into 2023, from having more confidence and self-assurance to clarity around wants, goals, and personal and professional boundaries.
In the third segment, Jenn and Daren share what they are hopeful about for 2023, most importantly the new projects they have coming from Colored Convos Media, Jenn’s new book Black Women Taught Us, and Daren making a return to social media.
Top 5 Episodes from 2022:
* Ep 35 – Petty Politics: Rihanna, Kanye, and Ukraine – https://soundcloud.com/thatblackcouple/thatblackcouple-ep-35-petty-politics-rihanna-kanye-and-ukraine
* Ep 34 – The Black Futures Episode: How To Move as a Healing Black Person in 2022 – https://soundcloud.com/thatblackcouple/thatblackcouple-ep-34-the-black-futures-episode-how-to-move-as-a-healing-black-person-in-2022
* Ep 40: Summer of Black Renaissance – https://soundcloud.com/thatblackcouple/thatblackcouple-ep-40-summer-of-black-renaissance
* Ep 36 – Black Women and the Downside of Being the First – https://soundcloud.com/thatblackcouple/thatblackcouple-ep-36-black-women-and-the-downside-of-being-the-first
* Ep 38: Black Queer Pride – https://soundcloud.com/thatblackcouple/thatblackcouple-ep-39-black-queer-pride
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL2ZlZWRzLnNvdW5kY2xvdWQuY29tL3VzZXJzL3NvdW5kY2xvdWQ6dXNlcnM6Mjc2MDExMzcwL3NvdW5kcy5yc3M
This is an accidentally funny podcast about the realities of Blackness and adult life. We do “adult” differently. We are That Black Couple.
Our goal is to create a space for Black millennials to discuss and embody adult life on their own terms. We aren’t beholden to “traditional” gender or parenting roles, queerness is fluid and present in the ways we show up in our relationships and in the world, and we want to build community with other 30-something Black folx who are trying to figure this ish out.