In the first segment, Jenn and Daren discuss the allegations against Harvey Weinstein and the misuse of power in Hollywood.
In the second segment, they dive into gaslighting, defining the term and illustrating how pervasive it is in our culture.
In the third segment, Jenn and Daren talk about sexual harassment in intimate environments and why it is so important for men to be vocal about these issues.
Articles for reference:
* Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades
* From Aggressive Overtures to Sexual Assault: Harvey Weinstein’s Accusers Tell Their Stories
* Jason Momoa breaks silence on that Game of Thrones rape joke
* Bourdieu’s Theory of Practice as Theoretical Framework (The Habitus)
* The Combahee River Collective Statement
* Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein
* Why we have to stop letting racists and misogynists gaslight racial and gender minorities
Google Play: play.google.com/music/listen?t%3D…fjdjbsyxed2tpeoca
This is an accidentally funny podcast about the realities of Blackness and adult life. We do “adult” differently. We are That Black Couple.
Our goal is to create a space for Black millennials to discuss and embody adult life on their own terms. We aren’t beholden to “traditional” gender or parenting roles, queerness is fluid and present in the ways we show up in our relationships and in the world, and we want to build community with other 30-something Black folx who are trying to figure this ish out.